The German Bundesliga is the elite football league in Germany. The Bundesliga was started 54 years ago by the German football federation in 1963. VFB Leipzig was the first elite football club in Germany certified to participate in the Bundesliga. Bayern Munich is the all time winners of the Bundesliga with 26 trophies in cabinet.
The club that tops the league table after the season is the winner of the league and awarded with a silver trophy. The top 3 clubs on the Bundesliga table gets automatic qualification to the UEFA champions league and the 4th place club on the table qualifies for playoffs to enter the UEFA champions league. The 5 and 6th placed clubs qualifies for the UEFA Europa league. The 17 and 18th placed clubs are automatically relegated to the Bundesliga 2. The 16 placed club will engage in a round robin playoff with a Bundesliga 2 club and whoever wins the game plays in the Bundesliga.
The 2016/17 German Bundesliga is matchday 21 old and half way down the finish line. RB Leipzig shockingly took the Bundesliga by storm after qualifying for the first time to play in the Bundesliga. Bayern Munich is currently leading the Bundesliga table but certainly things are not sparkling as usual in the camp of the Deutsch giants. Clubs like Wolfsburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Schalke and Borussia Dortmund are all struggling this season.
The ever growing and blossoming German Bundesliga is gradually enjoying tremendous stadium attendances and international TV viewership. Below is the table and statistics of the 2016/17 German Bundesliga.
Total Matches: 189 games
Total Goals Scored: 505 goals
Average Goals Scored: 2.67 goals per Game
Total Home Wins: 92 games
Total Draws: 44 games
Total Away Wins: 53 games
- Bayern Munich 50 pts
- RB Leipzig 45 pts
- Dortmund 37 pts
- Hoffenheim 37 pts
- Frankfurt 35 pts
- Hertha Berlin 34 pts
- FC Koln 33 pts
- Bayer Leverkusen 30 pts
- SC Freiburg 30 pts
- Schalke 26 pts
- Borussia M’gladbach 26 pts
- Mainz 04 25 pts
- Augsburg 24 pts
- Wolfsburg 22 pts
- Hamburg 20 pts
- Weeder Bremen 19 pts
- FC Ingolstadt 18 pts
- Darmstadt 12 pts
- Pierre Aubameyang (Dortmund) – 17 goals
- Anthony Modeste (Koln) – 17 goals
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – 16 goals
- Timo Werner (Leipzig) – 11 goals
- Chicharito Hernandez (Bayer Leverkusen) – 10 goals
- Sandro Wagner (Hoffenheim) – 10 goals
- Emil Forsberg (Leipzig) – 9 assists and 6 goals.
- Ousmane Dembele (Dortmund) – 8 assists and 5 goals.
- Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich) – 7 assists and 2 goals
- Nicolai Muller (Hamburg) – 7 Assists and 4 goals
- Yunus Malli (Wolfsburg) – 7 Assists and 6 goals
- Bayern Munich – 13 Goals Conceded.
- FC Koln – 19 Goals Conceded.
- Frankfurt – 20 Goals Conceded.
- Hoffenheim – 21 Goals Conceded.
- RB Leipzig – 21 Goals Conceded.
- Werder Bremen – 42 Goals Conceded.
- Darmstadt – 41 Goals Conceded.
- Mainz – 37 Goals Conceded.
- Hamburg – 37 Goals Conceded
- SC Freiburg – 36 Goals Conceded.
Referees With Most Yellow Cards.
- Felix Brych – 56 Yellow Cards
- Wolfgang Stark – 52 Yellow Cards
- Felix Zwayer – 45 Yellow Cards
- Guido Winkmann – 44 Yellow Cards
- Tobias Stieler – 43 Yellow Cards.